Old April 2nd 13, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default New Racing Class in the US for 2014?

Regarding the LeMonns start...early 1-26 Regattas and Championships usually featured a rigging contest, especially the ones held at Harris Hill. Trailers were positioned on one side of the runway and crews on the other. I don't know if there was a limit on # of people but I'm pretty sure that 3 or 4 was common. I remember reading that the Soaring Dutchmen were well known as being the team to beat, rigging a 1-26 to flyable condition in less than 5 minutes. Pretty sure they trailered with the tail on which is kinda cheating.