Old February 5th 20, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cookie

Default Looking for a parachute, wing stand and a one-man rigger

Yes, Home Depot....in the aviation department....glider wing stands...

I understand that some wood workers actually use these glider wing stands as an out-feed for a table saw...go figure...

Get a piece of Styrofoam insulation...2" think...attach to wing stand with double tape...carve to fit the curve of your wing....top off with Gym mat....rubber mat....

Cookie

On Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 4:58:15 PM UTC-5, John Foster wrote:
On Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 1:25:53 PM UTC-7, Charles Dutch wrote:
Before I go into the retail market, I thought I'd check the used market. I'm looking for a;
1) Chair-style parachute (Softie Long, or a Strong 305 Cross-Country are two that are at the top of the list)
2) Wing stand
3) One-man rigger with a narrow wing cradle.

For a wing stand I know some folks (me included) who use these from Home Depot. I glued a rubber mat to the surface to give a little extra padding as well.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-F...9934/100618242