Old September 17th 05, 07:10 PM
bowman

John T wrote:

What he doesn't seem to realize, is that the local FBO won't buy the
sport planes either if they are so expensive. Then where are people
going to get sport pilot training? not everyone is coming over from the
private pilot level.

I had worked towards PP certification about 20 years ago and had lost
interest. This summer, I'd flown in a light plane for the first time since
then, and found I still enjoyed it. Hitting the internet, I quickly found a
reference to the sport pilot certification, read the limitations, and
found, for me, they were not limitations but a description of exactly the
sort of flying I would want to do.

Unfortunately, this is the exact problem I ran into. It would require a leap
of faith for a small FBO in this area to purchase a new LSA when they are
barely making it giving PP instruction in elderly, paid off aircraft that
do not qualify as LSA.