Old November 12th 19, 11:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default GLIDING INTERNATIONAL -- RESEARCH

On Tuesday, November 12, 2019 at 3:59:37 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Tuesday, November 12, 2019 at 4:15:05 AM UTC-5, Peter F wrote:
OK, I know I shouldn't but I'll bite anyway..

What freedom do you think you have in the US that we in Western Europe
don't?

Guns, speech, moreso than Europe, though they are coming hard for both here. More airspace freedom. Probably more land use freedom in general, big country lots of variable rules. We're still freer than Western Europe but we are catching up quick.

November 7th was one year since I lost my former neighbor and outstanding community member to a mass shooter. https://www.foxla.com/video/622936?f...xB_X2bmiujVzFk

Justin was a teenager when we were neighbors. I in my late fifties Justin was in his High School years. While a child in age this young man was the type of community member you would want in your neighborhood. He would chat me up about my thrice weekly open water swims with my dog. He would help carry furniture to my second floor. He carried groceries into the house while I was recovery from knee surgery. He told me his plans for college and beyond. Hs Father a Career Navy SEAL officer. I cannot tell you enough how much of an asset Justin was to any community he would have been in. Justin died to the hot lead of one of you precious ****ing guns, while breaking windows to help other escape. In his final moment he was still helping the community.