Old March 21st 04, 09:07 PM
rip

Like Bill said; and treat the river as a highway. Keep to the right in
both directions. A Class B chart is mighty handy if you've never done
this before. There's a lot of little details (like the 500 foot airspace
floor behind The Lady).

Rip

Bill Zaleski wrote:

I flew it just yesterday. If you stay below 1100MSL, you need no
clearance. Monitor 123.05 which is the river CTAF

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 18:21:08 GMT, "SeeAndAvoid"
wrote:

I'll be flying out of White Plains, NY (HPN) to Allentown, PA (ABE) in early
June and would like to fly down the Hudson River to the Statue of Liberty
then west. It looks like the Class B and TEB's Class D would allow this at
1000' MSL without any clearance or approval, am I right in this assumption?
Anyone done in recently, especially after 9/11? The tops of those bridges
look mighty tall, like less than 500' clearance flying below the floor of
the Class B. Is this a busy and heavily traveled corridor? It'll be a
Saturday.
Thanks, Chris