Old April 18th 04, 11:58 AM
Bob Noel

In article , "G.R. Patterson III"
wrote:

Doug Carter wrote:

I really, really hate to agree with Martin, but, if we (in
the U.S.) would put a full court press on reducing oil
consumption then prices would go down.

Yes, prices would. And that would permanently reduce the amount of
available domestic
oil. Which would *increase* the dependency on imports from other
countries. Re-read
my post.

It's not a simple system, driving down the price of
oil isn't simply a matter of only reducing consumption.
Other aspects have to be addressed such as, as mentioned
above, getting the EPA on board instead of having them
(the EPA) creating even more counterproductive regulations.
In addition, the consumption in other nations will have
to be considered.

--
Bob Noel