Old January 7th 18, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
C2

Default New Racing Class

On Friday, January 5, 2018 at 7:30:12 AM UTC-6, Michael Opitz wrote:
At 05:03 05 January 2018, Steve Leonard wrote:
On Thursday, January 4, 2018 at 10:24:42 PM UTC-6, Retting wrote:
Hey, no fair.....what about us fat people?

Grease you up and we can shove you in! :-)

Steve Leonard

Our family had a Ka.6CR-PE, and a Ka.6E between 1968 and 1975.
In order to fit in, I had to have a special instrument panel that had
a pedestal with high leg cut-outs, along with taking the seat back out
and having a chute specially packed in a triangular shape to sit on
top of the gear well. With those mods, I just barely fit in. Steve's
idea may be great for folks that are under 6' tall and can fit into the
standard Ka.6 cockpit, but I don't think that I'd be able to swap
gliders around like he proposes unless all of those gliders had panels
with extra high leg cut outs..... The chute could obviously move from
glider to glider.

RO

I owned your father's Ka.6CR-PE N-5313 I did my first 300km FAI triangle in it. Lovely glider. I really enjoyed looking at the log books. In fact, the guy who signed me off for my glider rating was signed off by your Dad.