Old May 23rd 07, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

Default Bussman Fuses

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
t...
Maxwell wrote:
"kevmor" wrote in message
oups.com...
In a Cessna 150, anyone know where I can find replacement fuses? It's
Bussman AGS 20 (for 20 amp). Thanks

Sounds like same number common in automotive fuses. Have you tried an

auto
parts store?

Grainger has many hard to find fuses, as some are used in telecomm.

Don't forget to purchase only from the "approved aircraft parts" aisle.

Lowes, Home Depot, and sometimes even Radio Shack also have the same

aisle.

Bussman is now part of the Cooper Group, and the current data sheets are
available he
http://www.cooperbussmann.com/3/Coop...SheetList.html and the AGS
Series is apparently discontinued.

As a former avionics tech, I was curious since I do not recall ever having
seen an AGS Series fuse. The nomenclature suggests that it was/is a 1/4
inch diameter, fast blow, glass tube type fuse and the letter "S" would have
designated the length.

I was curious and decided to look for it, but could not find anything of
value. However, there are a lot of Cessna 150 aircraft still in service.
My advice, as a former avionics technician, is to ask Cessna and/or a repair
center. There is obviously an approved substitute, which almost certainly
includes a replacement for the Fuse-Holder, and (if it was my aircraft) I
would ask Cessna what kit they offer for the purpose--including any
instruction sheets and guidance on any required maintenance log entries. I
would then purchase the documentation from Cessna and, if it is only
available as a kit with the parts, the additional cost will save the
additional shopping--and time is money. Remember that your alternative is
to rsk a failure at a remote location after the last of those old fuses has
been sold.

Peter