Old November 18th 05, 01:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Chevy LS2 and Trans??? any real issues besides weight

DANG! The seabee folks charge as much for their $6000 Chevy engine as
Lycoming does for their $3000 engine!

David M.

Darrel Toepfer wrote:

MrV wrote:

Hey guys i'm a new pilot that really wants to build his own craft. help
me with this one issue.

I want to use a chevy ls2 or ls7 as the power plant in my craft.

snip

the aircraft i want to design is a very cab foward design with a
pusher prop and the engine would be mounted approx mid craft.

i'm new at this and besides having an engineering background i really
have no exp building an aircraft so any opinions would be helpful

LS1/2/6/
http://www.v8seabee.com
http://www.seabee.info/seabee_engine_conversions.htm
http://www.republicseabee.com/Corvette_Power.html

They did all the legwork and I've seen publishied aritcles in the
aircraft magazines in regards to the Corvette engine conversions...