Old May 21st 07, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Allen[_1_]

Default current small aircraft market????

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in message
Matt Whiting wrote:
Ken Reed wrote:
NJAS3068 1966 CESSNA 210F
Insured Value $70,000
Premium for Aircraft NJAS3068 is $3,785.00

That's a major reason I didn't buy a turbo 210 I looked at a few
years ago. Insurance on any 210 was outrageous, according to my
broker. I'm paying less of a yearly premium than quoted above, have
1MM smooth, an airframe that's 25 years newer and a hull value
almost four times that quoted above. This for my Mooney Bravo.

Any idea of why the difference is so dramatic? I thought the 210 had
a decent accident rate.

I'll probably end up with a 182 again as that way I have the required
50 hours in type.

Matt

6 vs 4 seats at least on the later models.

When was the 210 a four-seater?

The first four model years were 4 seats, then the kiddie seats came as an
option I believe in 1964.