Old July 28th 16, 01:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default 2-33 Wanted

J3 Cub - so safe that it cab just /barely/ kill you. And what fun to fly!

:-D

On 7/27/2016 12:35 PM, Roy B. wrote:
Jim:
Hope you find a nice one. Try the guys at K&L Soaring in Elmira.

Kid goes up to his power pilot father and says, "Dad, I'd like to learn to fly in a J3 Cub". Father says, "That's great, perfect plane to learn on, rugged honest, an great foundation to build on"

Kid goes up to his glider pilot father and says. "Dad I'd like to learn to fly in a 2-33." Father says, "God no!, 60 year old technology! Logy, ugly, and no performance - anything but a 2-33"

I just can't figure it out. Never have. Never will.

Roy (+3000 hours CFIG, +65,000 XC kms, soloed on a 2-22)

--
Dan, 5J