Old August 29th 19, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Discus 2 rudder stiff help please

I’ll second Karl’s remarks. I remember a pilot at a Nationals that had a tow hook that was jammed........wouldn’t budge! I told him to pull the seat and we found a tow pulley that was sitting in water from a leaky wing bag..........he said the bag had always leaked. The problem comes from situation known as dissimilar metal corrosion. Usually, the brass bushing and steel bolt + water will set up an electrolytic action..........aka a little battery! Our little battery needs water to make it work and it works even better if it finds salt water or urine. The little battery hates lubrication, so inspect and lube everything you can git to, every year!
JJ