Old October 18th 20, 05:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Wrinkle

Default Looking for good references on maintaining Fiberglass/Gelcoat finish

I just purchased my first glider and I am struggling to locate via google any good articles, books, manuals, videos, etc... on what methods and practices are available to keep the finish of a gel coated glider up to snuff. There seem to be at least two basic schools of thought, one utilizing polish type products, the other buffing with hard wax.

I would have thought by now after 50+ years of fiberglass glider construction, there should be many good & helpful articles written on the subject.. I would appreciate a gentle nudge in the correct direction, or if you are so inclined, please feel free to leave your 2 cents on the subject. (Please, I hope this doesn't open up some sleeping can of worms).