Old October 23rd 20, 10:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Default Looking for good references on maintaining Fiberglass/Gelcoat finish

On Thursday, 22 October 2020 at 16:42:23 UTC+3, wrote:
On Monday, October 19, 2020 at 5:36:46 AM UTC-6, krasw wrote:

krasw
It sounds like you did some research in the Polymer/Ceramic sealant dept.
What did you use?
Is it difficult to apply?
How long does it last?
Is it exspensive?
Thanks in advance
Nick

This is pretty good read: https://www.foamee.com.au/blogs/faq/...s-sio2-coating

Right now I'm using PTFE (Teflon) sealant that water droplets just jump off:
https://soft99usa.com/auto/product/f...12-months-wax/

I have also tried Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Polish & Wax with rotary buffer, and intend to polish my glider lightly with it next year.