Old February 8th 21, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

Default Tales Of The Bloody Triangle

Another thing to add to OLC and triangles is that it keeps track of declared triangle fight for the BHC (Barron Hilton Cup). So yet another place to compete on OLC.

Most days I'll declare an ambitious triangle and set it up in the flight computer as an area task with large circles. That way, the computer is keeping track of my progress and if the weather is not as good as expected, I just cut the corners. If it's better than expected, I fly deep into one or both turn areas to get more OLC points, but make sure I get in the OZ for the declared task in order to get the BHC score.

5Z