Old March 29th 04, 11:04 PM
William W. Plummer

"Victor" wrote in message
om...
I have a friend that is purchasing a plane and will start a business
of tow banner. He said I could fly the plane for him without been paid
, this way I can get many hours on my logbook.

Is it legal to do banner towing on a PP license without receiving
payment for it?

From what I've read, banner towing is very dangerous. There are several
operators at LWM in MA, and I remember a pilot getting killed a few years
ago while picking up a banner. It's exhausting work because you are alway
flying on the edge of a stall and need to talk to the other banner planes in
the area for coordination. When I looked into that work, they wanted at
least 500 hours.