Old September 11th 05, 07:12 AM
Montblack

("On-Condition" wrote)
Just wondering, exactly why are radial diesels not part of the
diesel revival? You can't beat radials on airplanes for smooth
reliability. I once saw a cracked-off jug pounding through the
cowling as the engine was still running (the single Otter had
just landed).

http://www.goldenwingsmuseum.com/Aircraft%20Pages/Stin-Det.html
Golden Wings Museum
1928 Stinson Detroiter Packard Diesel

John Ousterhaut told me last week that my idea for a diesel rotary engine
needed more time back at the ol' drawing board. Translation: It won't work.

I didn't tell him I was planning on running discarded Chinese buffet
"grease" through it. g

Heat the grease with exhaust tubing - start and shut down with a small Jet-A
tank. See, I've thought this all through.

http://www.greasecar.com/index.cfm
Check out the FAQs

Montblack