Old September 26th 06, 11:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Denis

Default Night lights, night flights, OLC and records

Mike the Strike a écrit :
Thanks Jean-Marie for your interesting contribution. I hope that you
agree that you have to be a little bit crazy to want to fly a glider at
night! I have flown single-engine at night and find it hard to believe
that VFR night is permissible - if you have no visual frame of
reference, you're flying IFR in my book.

I think we all have to be crazy to fly gliders ;-)

Remember there have been flights of up to 55 hours in gliders until the
1950's. Night flying has not been a problem, with ridge or wave lift and
a few lights on the slope (flying solo for a so long time without
sleeping proved far more dangerous). Why should something that has been
done in antique gliders and a radio as only electronic aid be impossible
with modern gliders with GPS and flight computers ?

--
Denis

R. Parce que ça rompt le cours normal de la conversation !!!
Q. Pourquoi ne faut-il pas répondre au-dessus de la question ?