Old August 8th 08, 03:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601Xl Builder

Default Drilling out old rivets questions?

Fonz wrote:
Yep I know it will remain earthbound, but I don't.
I want to use this as practise for something that will sprout wings, so I'd
rather stuff up the sim, and have less problems with the real thing. I
don't mind opinions or people throwing in their 2cents, as eventually it
will total a dollar, and that dollar might be saved in the future with less
stuff-ups.
Regards,
Rob

I understand you are want to go for realism but on something like a hole
that has been made oblong by drilling it isn't worth the effort. Once
you put the new rivet in you won't be able to tell and there isn't an
airworthiness issue.