Old September 15th 08, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default FOR SALE NEW NK CLEAR NAV

Hi Steve,

You can see specs on the ClearNav he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/nk.htm

I'm curious about the user interface on the "Ultimate". I believe it is a
trackball. I personally would prefer the keypad used on the ClearNav to a
trackball.

I find the ClearNav's keypad to be very easy to use. Also, the ClearNav is
very much designed with "simple user-interface" as a key design
consideration. I think it succeeds at that goal superbly. I predict that
there will be many more ClearNav units sold than "Ultimate" systems. Also,
NK is a first class company that will be creating many very nice soaring
instruments in the near future and they (and I) will support the ClearNav
extremely well. But I'm biased because I sell, support and am writing the
manual for the ClearNav.

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

"126Driver" wrote in message
Anbody have side by side specs for the Ultimate and ClearNav? I
originally thought the Ultimate took more space and power; and seemed
to offer less function for the same $s, as you mentioned. But this
may be incorrect.

Steve

On Sep 11, 3:38 pm, John Galloway wrote:
I very much like the idea of a daylight readable screen and I am attracted
to the ClearNav and the Ultimate but they both puzzle me:

ClearNav - I don't understand the logic in having the GPS and logger
inside the display unit instead of in a compact panel mount
vario/gps/logger unit similar to the Cambridge 302. It may all make sense
if they come up with a very good and inexpensive compatible variometer.
Until then I'm out.

Ultimate - No matter how good the display I couldn't bring myself to pay
$2,500 (almost as much as the ClearNav) for a PDA replacement even
although it is bigger brighter and faster.

John Galloway