Old August 4th 14, 01:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Neil Goudie[_2_]

Default Another mid-air (UK)

Don't fall into the trap that on-line newspapers date stamp stories with
today's date. This article relates to an event on Saturday 26 August
2014.

For the record there have been 4 notifiable Midairs in the last 2 years in
the UK.

All have had successful outcomes (in terms of casualties) and all with 1
pilot bailing out and the other pilot(s) landing.

A success story in terms of pilot training for the positive outcome but
more of an issue in terms of why they are occuring in the first place.

I won't speculate as the last 3 have occurred in the last 3 months and I
haven't read the formal reports.

Neil

At 11:33 04 August 2014, wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz39BhomNQI