Old May 17th 07, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Cobra surge brakes on mountain grades.

On May 16, 10:10 pm, wrote:
at the end of which I stopped for gas, and
casually rested my hand on a Cobra wheel hub in an experimental sort
of way. EEEyooouuuugh! I barely avoided second-degree burns.

This is one of those lines that reminded me of a Charlie Spratt
article on towing. His method for performing the same check was to
spit on the hubs. If it hissed on contact then no touchy with hand.

I filed that one away for future reference. Perhaps others can
benefit from his wisdom as well.

-bob