Old February 3rd 08, 06:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tobi

Default IGC Simulator & Google Earth

Bill,

- start Google Earth without IGC-Replay
- open Option-Menu and remove the cache completely (you have to sign
off in the GE-Menu)
- switch the graphic mode (open gl - direct x)
- try save mode if nothing helps

this should do, if not there are some more tips he

http://groups.google.de/group/earth-...dbcfb9e960ad2b

and you're right, it has nothing to do with IGC-Replay.

Tobias

On 2 Feb., 18:42, "Bill Daniels" bildan@comcast-dot-net wrote:
I'm having a problem that I am almost positive isn't with IGC Simulator but
with Google Earth. When viewing flights over mountaineous terrain, the
program frequently hangs with the message "Google Earth not Available". I
suspect that the required terrain data is not being supplied by GE as fast
as IGC Simulator needs it. Anyone else having this problem?

FYI, I have 5MB/Sec cable access and the problem occurs at all times of the
day/week.

Bill D