Old November 11th 19, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default GLIDING INTERNATIONAL -- RESEARCH

On Monday, November 11, 2019 at 9:01:24 AM UTC-5, Eric Greenwell wrote:
wrote on 11/11/2019 4:42 AM:
And we dont have two place motor gliders at every club but EVERY club over here
does have members who also own a light GA aircraft.

And many clubs own a multi-seat towplane that could be used for field selection
experience in the morning before launches, or anytime it's not soarable. No
multi-seater? Pay the rent for one, and have a tow pilot (or CFIG with a power
rating) fly the students around the area for an hour or so, as needed.

I've been teaching field selection and land out planning using a Super Cub for about 20 years.
Works fine.
UH