Old November 11th 19, 06:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default GLIDING INTERNATIONAL -- RESEARCH

Well, I don't think it has anything to do with North American
independent thinking.Â* More likely, it's that clubs in the US, at least
the ones I've been familiar with, are very poor financially as compared
to what I see on line about European clubs.Â* And motor gliders are
expensive.Â* As a board member of a club 20+ years ago, it was very
difficult to get membership approval of even the most useful expenditures.

On 11/11/2019 1:18 AM, Paul T wrote:
FFS most of the rest of the world uses a tried and tested way of
training for off airport landings - the use of a motorglider -why do you
North Americans have to do everything the hard way.........

--
Dan, 5J