Old May 19th 05, 03:41 AM

Hi Bill, Excellent suggestion - I have been using the meal packs
for over 20 years. I crewed for Bruce Brockhoff and Brad Edwards
from Australia in our 15m Nationals at Hobbs in 91 - I suggested
to Brad that he try the meal packs - he tried them and liked them
a lot - and won the 15m World Championships at Uvalde using meal
packs the whole time. I used the meal packs during my glider flying
at Bitterwasser, Namibia (Africa)- so far I have flown 23 flights of
1000 km or more during the past 8 seasons - nearly all with meal
packs as my mid day meal. Again, great suggestion for the ras
readers. Regards, Ralph Woodward

Bill Daniels wrote:
"ContestID67" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been trying to determine what foods work well for extended

cross
country flying. It needs to taste good, give you energy, easy to

eat
in flight, not too messy, filling, doesn't melt, etc.

What does everyone use?

- John

Great question.

I have found Pemmican concentrated food bars to be great.
http://www.mealpack.com/

They last a months while sealed and don't crumble or make my fingers

sticky
when I eat them. I keep two or three in my survival vest. They

taste good
too.

Bill Daniels