Old September 9th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill Daniels

Default I want my ... SAA

OK, everybody gets a vote - mine is for Denver. Several active clubs,
hundreds of local glider pilots, great soaring year 'round, located near the
geographic center of the USA and with good airline connections.

Bill Daniels

wrote in message
oups.com...
I vote for Las Vegas.

588 wrote:
Bob Kuykendall wrote:

Somewhere near Chicago would make very good sense...

It depends on how near. I think that hell will freeze over and PW-5s
will win an Open Nats before I endorse an SSA move to the city that
gave us the Meigs Field debacle.

No, no, no -- not IN Chicago. That _would_ be disgusting.

There is plenty of opportunity to enjoy the benefits of the city when
you choose to do so without being subject to its antediluvian politics.

Every resource that could benefit a soaring organization is here in
the surrounding communities, but without the distractions presented by
good soaring weather.

Win/Win!

Jack