Old September 9th 06, 05:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default I want my SSA

Lew Hartswick wrote:
It's quite "typical" of someone on the east coast to make a statement
like Ohio being "midway between the coasts". :-)
I'm only half way back to the east coast when I'm in mid Missouri
and I'm starting in New Mexico. :-)

Actually I split my time between Phoenix and St Louis. Having lived on
all three coasts in the past, I have a vague idea of where most stuff
is...

A better way to judge the soaring "center" of the US would be chart of
pilots and/or clubs. Might make a big difference...Sure is a lot of
empty unlandable desert out west.

Anyway, Ohio crept in because of the great time I had at Region 6
(CCSC) recently - an easy drive from StL. Something you can't say
about Hobbs!

Kirk
66