Old March 28th 07, 02:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Roy Smith

Default How do controllers coordinate clearances through sectors?

"Bob Gardner" wrote:
I used to handle that by saying to the new controller "BuzzBomb 234X, 7000
feet, on a vector." A previous controller can't issue an instruction that
has any effect in a subsequent sector, to the best of my knowledge, and the
"new" controller can do whatever s/he needs to do without regard for what
the previous controller did or said.

I was taught that when on a vector, to check in with "New York, Cessna 123,
assigned 270 heading".

It always amazes me what controllers don't seem to know about me. It's
kind of strange to have conversations like:

New York: Archer 08X, were you cleared into the Class Bravo !?

08X: Um, yeah, two controllers ago.

New York: Oh, OK.