Old July 19th 04, 12:25 AM
C J Campbell

"Dude" wrote in message
news

How do we expect to grow general aviation if we REFUSE to change what we

are
doing to attract new pilots? Isn't this the definition of insanity?

Cessna
is unconsciously doing to aviation what Microsoft and IBM did to
technology - killing fast growth and innovation in favor of predictable
business.

No. Cessna is doing it deliberately. Cessna did not really want to re-start
manufacturing piston singles in the first place. They promised to do it when
some kind of tort reform was passed. Bob Dole got the tort reform passed and
leaned hard on Cessna to start building airplanes.

Cessna sees the construction of new airplanes as a threat to a very
lucrative business: building parts for old airplanes.