Old August 9th 20, 03:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default wing tape

I've used 3M white electrical tape when I was flying a single seater.Â*
It worked very well but, if left on for a long time (my ship was
hangared), it leaves a gummy residue when removed.Â* That's easy enough
to clean up with acetone or tape residue remover.

On 8/8/2020 11:04 PM, Ben Hirashima wrote:
I've been using the wing tape sold by Craggy, but I'm not happy with it. It's very stretchy, which is good, but it sinks into the gaps that it's covering, which sort of defeats the purpose. Do the Bowlus or 3M tapes sink into the gap?

--
Dan, 5J