Old January 22nd 13, 08:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Naviter Info

Default SeeYou for iPad and iPhone

Interesting. It's not required to restart anything on iOS after changing the settings. But good to know it works, thanks. If anything else comes up please feel free to write to support at naviter.com - it's the easiest (and fastest) way to get supported.

Cheers,
Andrej Kolar
--
glider pilots use
http://www.Naviter.com

On Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:32:37 PM UTC+1, John Carlyle wrote:
I made a basic computer error - did not restart the program after changing the settings. All is well on the iPhone with zoom-in, now.

-John, Q3

On Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:45:27 AM UTC-5, John Carlyle wrote:

I should add that the blue background on zoom-in occurs only on my iPhone 4. On my iPad II (non-retina display) there is no problem - you can zoom in to the maximum magnification of the maps.

-John, Q3

On Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:08:47 AM UTC-5, John Carlyle wrote:

I see the same behavior on my iPhone 4. When I zoom in so the screen is about 5 miles square, it becomes all blue. Zooming out restores maps on the side, but not in the old zoomed in region. If you slide the blue region off the screen (at the same magnification), the maps appear when you slide it back on. Behavior is the same if you select WiFi or Dataplan in the settings.

-John, Q3

On Monday, January 21, 2013 8:52:44 PM UTC-5, wrote:

If I zoom out the map is there but when I zoom in the flight area us just a blue background. If I scroll over a few miles outside of the flight area the map is appearing. It is as if it is being over written.