Old July 21st 03, 04:07 AM
Michael Williamson

Leadfoot wrote:
The base commander is the wing commander,

Unless they have seriously changed things since I got out I don't think so.
Normally the base commander is a colonel who reports to the wing commander.
The base commander is in charge of the base itself. Security Police/Law
Enforcement, Civil engineering, Housing, Personnel, Communications,
Supply/POL

They have. The Wing Commander owns (nominally, often there are tenant
units that fall under different organizations) all of the groups which
make up the base organization. This includes the support functions that
you listed. There is no base commander anymore for Air Force Bases.

Mike Williamson