Old January 15th 04, 09:30 PM
C J Campbell

"Snowbird" wrote in message
om...
| "C J Campbell" wrote in message
| So many people over at rec.aviation.piloting were so proud that their
emails
| and calls prompted yet another network type to come out and do a
response at
| their airport.
|
| much snipped
|
| CJ,
|
| Would you be so kind as to help me out with the links (or the
| names of the posters and subject lines) of these "so many people"?

Jim Burns said that a local affiliate was on its way out to his airport.
Other posters thought it was a good idea and it has been a recurring theme
that the best way to get news support is to call local news people and take
them for free rides, etc.

| I think I may have seen one post making the suggestion but none
| from people who actually did it, and I'd really like to read
| them.
|
| Thanks a bunch! You can email me, hoeltzli at swbell dot net
| if you prefer.
|
| I don't know if the manager of the airport CBS quoted got "taken"
| or not. He seems to have some different views than I would have
| expected -- but then, I do take the point that one can be asked
| leading questions or have the context left on the cutting room floor.
|
| My advice: never talk to a reporter. Never cooperate.
|
| Well, this pretty much 100% guarantees what side of the story
| will be presented.

The same side that would be presented if you did not grant the interview,
but at least you would be spared the embarrassment of either appearing to
agree with everything they say or being made to look like a fool.