Old October 18th 03, 12:20 AM

Default My experience with Peltor

I have a Peltor Stratosphere ANR headset. I like it a lot. It's
powered from a 9v batter that is in one of the ear cups.

Well lately I noticed the headset was intermittently cutting on and
off as I twisted my head. I easily isolated the problem to the cord.
The good thing is, the cord has a disconnect from the earcup and can
be easily replaced.

So I called Peltor. The receptionist answering the 800# at Peltor
became quite insistent with me, to the point of being ARGUMENTATIVE,
stating I must send in the entire headset. Over and over I told her
there is nothing wrong with the headset, I just need a new cord to
plug it in with. (Please just sell me one damnit!)
My 3 year warranty expired some time ago, I just wanted to BUY a
replacement cord. She finally referred me to one of their vendors
(Marv Golden) to purchase a replacement cord. Well gee, I should
have started there in the first place. After all, that's where I
bought the headset.

After basically being YELLED AT by this bimbo at Peltor however, I
don't know if I'll every buy another one. As for as I'm concerned
customers need to be treated like the gold they are.

Eric