Old August 16th 19, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Senna Van den Bosch

Default Mistral-C vs DG-100

Op zaterdag 27 juli 2019 20:28:31 UTC+2 schreef Matt McBee:
I have a DG-101 with conventional tail and one piece canopy. I can say that aerotow with the CG hook has been a total non-issue for me so far. Takeoffs are easy, just remember to follow the flight manual’s guidance. I mine, the trim should be set full forward for takeoff. I don’t know if this is true for the -100.

I have found the -101 to be a docile and responsive glider with very gentle and forgiving stall characteristics.

The airbrakes are only moderately effective, however.

Matt

This is true for my DG-101 as well. I don't weigh much so on takeoff roll it set the trim full forward until I reach about 20m above ground and 100+ km/h, I set my trim halfway, to get the extra pitch from the trim tab.