Old June 18th 06, 09:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Amateur-built experimental [was accident in San Antonio, TX]

As an aside, I was looking to see if the accident had made it into the
NTSB database, and came across another one had a passage that I'm
surprised someone could type with a straight face:

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?e...16X00749&key=1

"The [pressurized turboprop-powered Lancair IV-P] amateur-built
experimental airplane was manufactured by LCIV LLC of Brasstown, North
Carolina, and was registered to and operated by Copia Leasing LLC of
Springville, Utah."

I mean, really, does "amateur-built experimental" mean anything anymore?

Marc