Old May 3rd 07, 07:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

Default Electronic Artificial Horizon

On May 2, 11:03 pm, wrote:
On May 2, 5:52 am, wrote:

for my money, if youve got an experimental glider, go for the Dynon
10A flight display. the power draw is low and you get a lot more info
than just an AI.

The spec at Dynon says 8 watts, which translates to 670 mA, which
doesn't sound low to me, at least for a glider. Or is the actual draw
less than the spec? Admittedly a lot less than a mechanical gyro, but
not something I could run continually for any time. I tried to find
the current draw of the TruTrak units, but couldn't. I think they're
better, but does anyone know for sure?

I don't have the numbers but the TruTrak drain is very low. I am
running my TruTrak from the same 7AH battery as my transponder and it
is good for at least 6 hours. You can also add an on/off switch and
turn it on only when it may be needed, as it starts instantly.

Ramy