Old February 12th 04, 12:12 PM
Owain Walters

Liam,

Dont worry mate. The irony wasnt lost on me, I thought
it was funny.

Saying that, I also laugh every time I see one of those
sperm cells with wings when I go past them in my 31
year old glider which is 1/2 the price!

Owain

At 06:48 12 February 2004, Bruce Hoult wrote:
In article ,
'Paul' wrote:
The sad part.
There are 23 PW 5 s here in NZ.
22 of those reside in the North Island. A half days
drive from Matamata ( at
the most ) where the contest was held.
Only 4 fronted up.

That does seem sad -- I remember having a lot more
than that at the PW5
nationals I attended in Masterton a couple of years
back.

I was at least quadruple booked with non-work things
to do last week:

- PW5 nats

- Wellington Gliding club camp at Kauwhata

- invitation to stay at friends' bach

- organizing and attending 2nd International Dylan
Hacker's
Conference (http://www.gwydiondylan.org/dhc2004.phtml)

I don't know what anyone else's excuse was :-)

-- Bruce