Old February 12th 04, 01:50 PM
Ben Flewett

Wouldn't it be great if whoever ends up buying LS allows
either LS4s or LS8s to be manufactured under license
as the new world class glider? (Assuming strict quality
controls were put in place to prevent further Eastern
Block atrocities).

The concept of a World Class is excellent. We just
need to switch these Polish flashes of brilliance for
a proper glider.

At 12:18 12 February 2004, Owain Walters wrote:

Liam,

Dont worry mate. The irony wasnt lost on me, I thought
it was funny.

Saying that, I also laugh every time I see one of those
sperm cells with wings when I go past them in my 31
year old glider which is 1/2 the price!

Owain

At 06:48 12 February 2004, Bruce Hoult wrote:
In article ,
'Paul' wrote:
The sad part.
There are 23 PW 5 s here in NZ.
22 of those reside in the North Island. A half days
drive from Matamata ( at
the most ) where the contest was held.
Only 4 fronted up.

That does seem sad -- I remember having a lot more
than that at the PW5
nationals I attended in Masterton a couple of years
back.

I was at least quadruple booked with non-work things
to do last week:

- PW5 nats

- Wellington Gliding club camp at Kauwhata

- invitation to stay at friends' bach

- organizing and attending 2nd International Dylan
Hacker's
Conference (http://www.gwydiondylan.org/dhc2004.phtml)

I don't know what anyone else's excuse was :-)

-- Bruce