Old September 13th 06, 04:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

Default Cessna Cardinal 177 RG II v. Piper Arrow III (70s) v. Piper ArrowIII (brand new)

So get a 300,000 plane and save 200,000 for operating costs.
That would be the dream... but I can't take out a loan for operating
costs, I really wish I had 500,000 in the bank though.

It's a nice dream. I like it too. And in Hawaii to boot.

If you couldn't do the 200,000 in operating costs on a 300,000 plane
(how many years would that take you to use up?), then how could you
convince a bank to lend you half a mil for a new Arrow? I'd like to
talk to your banker, I have some ideas too.

Any plane I buy I
will be putting an AVIDYNE avionics twin LCD system into

Why that particular one? For Hawaii flying, it seems all you need is
the wide screen HRPD.

The transition between Cessna and Piper is no big deal (as you know).
I've flown the Arrow and the Cutlass (though not the Cardinal). I
wouldn't pick based on what you most recently flew. I just wonder why
buy if you are going to lease back? (or why lease back if you are going
to buy?) Seems you would lose the part of the benefit of owning that
you don't get from being part of a club. Consider a partnership.

Why is the new Arrow even in the mix? It would be hard for maintanance
expenses to reach half a mil for the other airplanes you were considering.

As to short island hops, a higher performance plane will take you across
the entire chain faster. Where do you intend to go?

Jose
--
There are more ways to skin a cat than there are cats.