Old September 21st 10, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default How high can you fly?

Mark wrote:
On Sep 20, 8:11Â*pm, wrote:

No sir. That's just an opinion. May I have one?

Sure, you can have a clueless opinion.

Cite.

Your last one.

See corroberrating link which proves otherwise.

Gibberish.

Does the phrase, "not visible to the naked eye" mean anything
to you?

Maybe that's why things other than naked eye inspection are used.

--
Jim Pennino

Ok. I'm listening.

You're saying an annual inspection of an antique plane
can verifiably determine all inner structures, cables, pulleys
(or push rods ) struts, etc. won't fail? (I'm not arguing here)

Well, for starters, things like cables and pulleys have to have inspection
plates just so you can inspect them.

And in the cases where there is no inspection plate and "something bad" is
subsequently discovered, there is usually an AD issued to add inspection
plates or some other method of inspection.

Fabric airplanes have limited fabric life and tests for the integrity of
the fabric.

When tge fabric is replaced, the structure is (supposed to be) inspected for,
as appropriate, corrosion or rot. You did know many of those "antique"
airplanes have wood structures?

Also, there are high tech things like magnaflux inspection for starters.

Tell the truth; have you ever actually been on a GA airport?

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.