Old March 5th 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Default Glider rating near Sacramento

Jose wrote:
Unless I'm missunderstanding you, you seem to claim
that waiting around on the ground will make me a better glider pilot
than actually flying.

Time on the ground is important - it is during that time that the
lessons learned in the air sink in. This is true for all flying.

Speaking of ''sinking in'' ... with gliders, unless there is lift, you
don't always have time to get lots of verbal instruction in-flight like
you can in powered aircraft. Much of the instruction, analyzing,
explanation takes place on the ground so that you can make use of every
minute of available flight time after releasing from the tow; depending
on the conditions and availability/lack of lift, that may only be a few
minutes.