Old May 22nd 16, 04:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill T

Default Glider rating to LSA rating

There seems to be something wrong in that Phoenix link.
He states it is a LSA Glider, and states an airplane rated pilot can fly it?
I don't think so. If the aircraft certificate says glider, then a glider rating is required.
I will agree that as light sport, only two CFIG can provide a glider rating at Light Sport level after appropriate training.
An airplane pilot to light sport glider can fly above 10,000MSL.
A pure Light Sport rated pilot with no higher rating in another aircraft is limited to 10,000MSL

Does that, make sense, probably not.

BillT