Old May 23rd 16, 06:32 AM
POPS POPS is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Get the self launch endorsement. As a sport pilot, and I assume you are talking about in a LSA SEL, you re limited to 10000 MLS or 2500 AGL, whichever is higher, period.
Ok so,
1. With a self-launch endorsement and all my glider flight time CAN I legally fly LSA aircraft without getting the LSA licence. What about Canada. I need to get through Canada to get to Alaska...

2. If #1 is true, then can I fly any LSA aircraft above 10,000 with a SL glider rating only.

3. If I wish to get a LSA licence - for Canadian purposes say - and I use my SL glider rating, is it just a form to fill out to get that LSA licence, or do I need to do flight training with LSA instructors etc.

4. If #3 requires LSA flight training, is any SL glider/glider flight time worth anything.

When I ask these questions to some LSA flight schools I get conflicting and directly opposite responses all the way to : "gee I have no idea? "

Anyone out there that has actually gone from SL glider to flying LSA aircraft?

Thanks for your post.