Old March 12th 19, 01:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Leonard

Default FLARM and ADS-B and PCAS Traffic Display on PC

On Monday, March 11, 2019 at 2:41:51 PM UTC-6, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,

A customer has a PowerFLARM Core and wants to use it to display nearby FLARM, ADS-B and PCAS traffic on a PC - on the ground. It is easy to connect the PowerFLARM Core to the PC's serial port, but I'm not aware of any software to display the traffic on a map. Any suggestions? Are any soaring clubs doing this?

The customer is currently using an Oudie 2. It works fine, but he'd prefer a much larger and higher-resolution monitor.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

XCSoar will do that. There's a Windows version as well as a Linux version that both work on the desktop. Free.

The OGN station setups ( http://wiki.glidernet.org/ ) also work and can serve the community as well. But I'd say they are a little challenging to set up for the uninitiated. Easier than it was a few years ago. But still Linux, with all the good and bad.