Old July 13th 03, 07:07 AM

On 12-Jul-2003, "Dave Stadt" wrote:

You make a few wrong assumptions. First, not all planes are capable of
being instrument trainers. I myself would not want an IFR capable
airplane.
Second, you mention some craziness and insurance situation alluding to
increasing premiums. My premiums have not gone up in years. For my
airplane and the flying I do an instrument rating would be less than
useless. I don't believe an instrument rating is guaranteed to lower
premiums no matter how many times you change carriers.

Obviously, my analysis assumes that you start with an IFR-capable airplane
that you use at least occasionally for travel. If your flying is just for
fun in a VFR-only airplane, the discussion doesn't apply.

-Elliott Drucker