Old December 25th 04, 08:13 PM
Ed Rasimus

On 25 Dec 2004 01:12:23 -0600, "Matt Wiser"
wrote:

How about brother v. sister in DACT? The AF had a brother v. sister DACT
in PACAF a couple of years ago: she was in F-15s out of Okinawa, he was in
a Kunsan F-16. The AF news article didn't say who won, though. One can imagine
the radio chatter, however.
Brother: "Mom always liked you best!"
Sister: "This is for crashing my slumber party!"
And other insults/fighting words usually spoken by angry siblings...

And, you should know that the pair were the children of Col. (ret.)
"Lucky" Ekman--one of the finest F-105 pilots ever to strap on the
airplane and probably the holder of the greatest number of F-105 North
Vietnam combat missions.

Lucky flew his first 100 North in D models, in late '65 and into '66.
He extended (even before Richter) and got up to around 130 counters
when he was shot down on May 30 '66 near Yen Bai on the Red River. He
was recovered and elected to return to the US. He became a Wild Weasel
and returned for another tour flying the F-105F and G models.

When I returned to Korat in '72, Lucky was deployed with the 561st WW
squadron, flying the F-105G during Linebacker I/II. I had the good
fortune to fly his wing on several combat sorties as the F-4 portion
of the Hunter/Killer team. He was already wearing a patch that said
200 mission NVN/F-105G!!!!!!

I guess there is something to that heredity thing.

As Paul Harvey would say, "now you know the rest of the story."

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
www.thunderchief.org