Old January 22nd 04, 10:50 PM
carlos

Default Differences between Garmin 295 and 196?

I'm in the market for a moving-map aviation GPS, and trying to decide
between Garmin's color 295 and their grayscale 196.

The 196 is a newer model, has a better screen and more functions, but the
295 offers a color screen. (Why Garmin doesn't offer a color 196, I don't
understand. They already offer the 176C, which is a marine version of the
196 in color - Does anyone know why????).

So, is there anyone with experience with both GPSs (the 295 and 196)? Any
comments? Recommendations?

Thanks,

CGP.

PS: This is for a 1977 Cessna 206.