Old February 3rd 12, 01:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Thompson[_2_]

Default LXNAV V7 - Reviews?

Gav,

Once you've used it for a while, would appreciate any other factoids
including please:-

Is waypoint selection solely by PDA, and perhaps by flying a preloaded
task?
- or is there a waypoint database and selection facility in the V7?

Thanks,

Steve Thompson

At 10:38 03 February 2012, Gav Goudie wrote:
Have been setting one up to replace an L-NAV, not used in anger
yet but worked as indicated straight out of the box with
Volkslogger and HP38XX wired in.

UI appears so far to be friendly and straightforward with the
added advantage of control from Seeyou mobile.

GG

At 20:09 02 February 2012, Tim Mara wrote:
I have not flown with this instrument but have already

delivered a few and
so far have had pretty good response and in fact orders for

more from
others
who have seen the V7's proud new owners
tim
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at

www.wingsandwheels.com

"David Reitter" wrote in message

Has anyone here been using an LXNAV V7 (or an LX

Navigation 1606/166)
and can give some hands-on experience with this new vario

(and sensor
array)?

The V7 is so new that there is precious little out there

beyond mostly
worthless unpacking videos on Youtube and some specs and

opinions from
those running soaring supply shops, but I hope that some

folks flying
the southern hemisphere would be able to comment on it in

actual use.

My anticipated use case would be

Volkslogger V7 (Bluetooth) Dell Streak 5 running XCSoar.

and I would complement it by a somewhat poorly

compensated, older PZL
mechanical vario. I would try to use the electronic

(ASI/Static
based) compensation rather than TE, but it remains to be

seen if the
static ports on my Std Cirrus are good enough.

Comments?

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus,

version of virus
signature database 6851 (20120202) __________